GONE FISHING PUNTA CANA
Deep Sea Fishing Charters and Excursions
Punta Cana | Bavaro | Dominican Republic
Save your time and money. Book directly with us, without tour operator fees!
Quick availability & price Inquiry
Gone Fishing Punta Cana
Gone Fishing Punta Cana offers Deep Sea Fishing tours that you, your family and friends can enjoy full day or half day, in private or shared charters. With us you can pay your tour in 6, 8 or more monthly payments! Read this
Based right on the Bavaro Beach, Gone Fishing was established in Punta Cana in 2004 but it history begins much earlier; company is born from a wider field of fishing experience, Parasailing and charter Catamarans.
All of this experience shaped Gone Fishing into not only a great deep sea fishing company in Punta Cana but an outstanding service provider which continues to enhance the fishing experience, year after year.
Depend of season, our fleet of 6 modern deep sea fishing yachts are looking for Marlin (Blue Marlin, White Marlin), Mahi Mahi (Dorado), YellowFin Tuna, Barracuda, Wahoo, Sailfish, Bonito, Lumberjack and few other species common for this region.
Gone Fishing started in 2004 with 2 Chris Craft 36’ sports fishers, SARABEL and LIZANGE. Both were completely overhauled and opened up to make the fishing a better and more comfortable experience. Over the time we have added fishing charters NOEMI and RAMONA, CHANTAL was added in March 2016, and JULYVETTE in September 2017. All together, we have 6 excellent charters for you and your friends to enjoy.
The basis for the ongoing success of the business has been maintaining the quality of service; it’s a fun, easy going interactive experience in 16 years of operation.
What separate us from the other providers:
– Canadian owned and operated
– We own and operate our own boats with Dominican Flag (many sites just farm out your reservation to the lowest bidder)
– We have full Tourism license from the Ministerio de Turismo Republica Dominicana (Department of Tourism, Dominican Republic)
– Customer Service, friendly English, French and Spanish speaking staff
Health and Safety:
– All of our Captains and First Mates have First Aid and fire training
– Health and Safety Procedures in place to UK standards (very strict)
– Full liability Insurance
– Detailed explanation of the ocean conditions prior to boarding for your comfort
– Health and safety briefing given once on board
– All boats are equipped with all necessary safety devices including inflatable life rafts
Gone Fishing Charters
Deep Sea Fishing Private & Shared Charters
Gone Fishing Punta Cana – Shared Charters
- Join our 4-hour fishing tour with other clients
- Morning tours at 8.30 am / Afternoon tours at 1.30 pm
- Maximum capacity of 7 Fishermen and 3 Observers per boat
- Shared charters does NOT include food and snacks!
Gone Fishing Punta Cana – Private Charters
- We offer full day (8 hours) or half day 4 or 5 hours, AM / PM
- Up to 10 people per boat (7 line in the water, 3 observers)
- Lunch is included with the Full Day Charters
All Gone Fishing Charters include:
– All fishing equipment
– Purified bottled water, soft drinks, beer (3 per adult), rum based drinks
– One captain and one mate/guide, English + Spanish language
– transport with our air-conditioned minivans from your hotel and back to hotel.
NOEMI / Trojan 38', 2 x Diesel Detroit 671 turbo charge 450hp
RAMONA / Hatteras 42', 2 x Detroit diesel 6V53 turbo charged 400hp
SARABEL / Chris Craft 36', 2 x Diesel Cummins 6BTA turbo charge 225hp
LIZANGE / Chris Craft 36', 2 x Diesel Cummins 6BTA turbo charge 300hp
CHANTAL / Bertram 35'5", 2 x Caterpillar 3208 turbo charged 350hp
JULYVETTE / Bertram 38' "Sport Fish" Twin Caterpillar Motors 400 hp Turbo
Top of the line Equipment
The best fishing equipment by Shimano, Dual, Penn, Aftco, Sampo Ball, Mustard, Captain Harry’s, Boone, etc. Our crew always rigs our own baits (they will be happy to show you how it’s done) thus you can be assured you will have the best chance at catching your trophy fish.
More about Deep Sea Fishing with Gone Fishing
Whether you are searching for Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Mahi-Mahi, Sailfish, Wahoo or Yellow fin Tuna, our team will do everything for you to provide the best deep sea fishing experience. Guides know the best spots to fish and will assist you in getting the best fishing time possible.
All of our Charter excursions are Trolling. Trolling involves pulling lures or rigged dead bait behind the charter boat at different speeds depending on the species of fish targeted. Trolling is the main method for deep sea fish species, boat is in constant move, in order to cover more area and find better locations; in general, chances of catching a variety of fish are much bigger than with other techniques.
Punta Cana is the perfect place for your next deep sea fishing adventure. You can eat your catch in the beach restaurant, and of course – friends & family can join you! Doesn’t matter if you are new or experienced fisherman, with us you will experience great adventure!
Reviews from our customers
- Went out for a 4 hour sail and sadly only caught one Mackerel. What I do have to say is that the help from the moment we arrived till we landed back at the beach was extremely helpful.
The helping hand on the boat was a fun, exciting young guy who was doing everything possible to try to get us some fish. Jack the owner was someone who I was in constant contact with via email and was beyond helpful and always responsive, sometimes even within an hour!
I wouldn't hesitate to use them if you are going down to Punta Cana for fishing.“Fun time”marc s
- These guys are great. My wife and I went fishing with 2 other couples, on a day with heavy chop; 6-7 foot swell. But our captain (Miguel) and our first mate (Anderson) were excellent!
I grew up fishing the Chesapeake bay, trollin for Striped Bass, but i have NEVER seen anyone work 6 lines at a time like Anderson. Even with rough seas, everybody aboard caught fish! The entire company, owner included, were extremely polite, and punctual, and if you've ever been to the Caribbean, thats a rare asset!
I'm sure there are plenty of charters available, but these guys are definitely the best.“Pros”Vicious B
- Gone Fishing is one of the most professional operations I have experienced booking fishing charters outside of the continental United States. Jack Rougerie has built a five boat fleet with experienced Captains and mates that can compete with the best of the best in places like Cabo San Lucas, Quepos Costa Rica, and Kona Hawaii. We fished three days on two different boats with two different Captains ... They worked hard to get us on the fish and even harder to keep the fish coming over the rail and on the deck. Blue Marlin, Dorado (Mahi), Tuna, and the ever present Barracuda were caught, with the Marlin released and the others shared and eaten!...“1st Rate Experience”bigjac1952
- I have fished all over the world and must say that Captain Franklin and First Mate Yohan from Gone Fishing Charters gave my son and I outstanding service on our eight hour charter.
We landed 11 Mahi Mahi (Dorado) and missed two Marlin. The entire staff from the shuttle driver to water taxi driver and greeter were very professional. I will definitely book several trips with them the next time we are in Punta Cana.“Great Day Fishing on Gone Fishing Charters, Punta Cana”tprelec
- This was probably one of the best fishing trip I've been on... Tito - our boat captain - was friendly, helpful and spot on in seeing movement in the water, placing us in a school of Mahi. Juan - the first mate - was awesome, not only was he on top of making sure he kept all the lines well baited, he also made us a wonderful cerviche with one of the small ones, talk about multi tasking! I give all the credit to these guys for our boat catching the most fish that day. If we get the opportunity to go back I would definitely book with Jack (Gone fishing ) again“Great day fishing!”AwesomeGram
- Had an amazing time fishing with captain Franklin, caught plenty of fish - Mahi Mahi and Barracuda. His deck hand was excellent I can't remember his name tho but they both did a hell of a job.
They cooked our fish afterwards. It was definitely the best meal my wife and I had while we were on our honeymoon. Will be be back again!“Will be back!!!!”jerryhernandez09
- Jordan And Tito were our crew. They took us right to where the fish were. They helped us land a 100 plus pound Marlin!!!
When I say we caught the big one, I mean we caught the big one. And we weren't out all day.
We also caught a large Mahi Mahi, that they cooked and served for us once we got back on land. It was delicious. There were 8 members in my party, and it was my first fishing trip. It will not be my last.“Caught the Big One”stuartpeyton1911
- ... The seas were rough and with my nephews and daughter aboard, I was a little nervous. Captain Franklin and Manny made the kids feel comfortable, and got right to work. We caught 8 Dorado and 2 Barracuda!!! When you go on deep sea fishing charters you can tell when the guys are phoning it in and treating you like tourists instead of fisherman. These guys are true professionals and did everything they could to put us on fish. If you are in Punta Cana call Gone Fishing and ask for Franklin and Manny. Also, dealing with Jack to set the trip was great, he was on point and responsive (and patient while I was being a pain in the butt).“These guys are the best!!!!!!!”anthony215164
- ...Once on board we were given safety advice and drinks and made to feel at home. Within about 10 minutes we were catching fish what I particularly liked was how the guys that worked on the boat was so enthusiastic they must see these fish daily but they helped make it fun and exciting.
My son struggled to reel his fish in and another guy on the trip started to take over and Jonan (I'm sorry I've forgotten his name) he politely but firmly informed the guy to let my son try how else will he learn.
Throughout the morning we was catching Mahi Mahi, Sail fish, Wahoo, and Barracudas...“Simply great!”Sarah S
- This fishing trip involved me and my wife. We booked this excursion from Glasgow, UK. Jack (the owner) was amazing. We intended to fish for at least 2 days but fortunately, we ended up fishing for 4 consecutive days.
We were looking for specific fish and fortunately, we caught all plus more. If you are in the Dominican republic and enjoy deep sea fishing or if you would like try it, we would totally recommend them as they were unbelievable.“GREAT FISHING EXPERIENCE EVER!!”Harry530
- Jordan and Francisco were excellent guides. They were accommodating to novice and experienced angler alike. We caught 10 Mahi Mahi and one Barracuda.
Nothing fancy about the boat, but it got us out and got us back with no issues. I would recommend this for anyone, it was the highlight of my vacation.“Awesome trip for the price”Jakeray7
- 5 of us (including my 4 year old son) went on a fishing charter two days ago and we really enjoyed it. The captain and his helper worked very hard to make sure we were all comfortable and had fun.
They had the best fruit we ever had and brought us a great lunch too. My little guy struggled with sea sickness and they were more than efficient with clean up.
They baited a pole to catch a small fish on our way back in so that my son could catch his first fish and he was so proud! We had the best time...“Deep Sea Fishing”Heidi L
Gone Fishing ever-growing gallery of photos, taken daily by our crew and fishermen with their catches. Our Facebook page contains thousands of photos…
Morning tours start at 8.30 am and afternoon tours at 1.30 pm. On shared charters we can carry up to 7 fishermen and 5 passengers, with 6 to 7 lines trolling at all times, and on private charters the boat is yours so you decide how many family or friends to bring along, with a limit of 12 onboard.
In our price you have the following included: transport from and back to your hotel in air conditioned minivans, drinks (beer, rum, water and soft drinks). For private charters food is included, for shared charters food is not included but you can bring your own snacks, fruit, etc. You’ll also have an English speaking guide with you the whole time and of course the equipment and baits.
Ask us for the “Catch and Eat” option. Once you have your catch onboard, just tell your guide you want to enjoy your catch for lunch or dinner and we will organize everything. The local beach restaurant charges 10 USD per person to prepare and cook your fish, meal includes side dishes to go along. Drinks at the restaurant are also additional.
Details about deep sea fishing, useful articles, fishing reports, fishing calendar…
- Read more
Punta Cana is an undeniable hot spot, prime location for excellent big game fishing year-round. Families and friends, Spring-Breakers, private parties, corporate groups, wedding parties or just sailing lovers…
- Read more
This is a question that we get asked on a daily basis – “Is the fishing better in the morning or the afternoon ?” We have been tracking our…
- Read more
Gone Fishing Report 2016 – Information on weather and fish species in Punta Cana area – Marlin, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Barracuda, Tuna, Sailfish, Amberjack…
- Read more
Motion sickness happens when you travel and when your brain and your inner ear perceive movement don’t match up.
- Read more
Gone Fishing provides deep sea fishing tours in Punta Cana. Current record by our costumers is 92 Mahi Mahis in one day!
- Read more
Being out at sea for a half or full day fishing trip builds a BIG appetite, and what better than to eat your own catch!
- Read more
Fishing Report, fishing calendar and overview of Gone Fishing activities through the year. Pictures and Tripadvisor reviews can say more than my own words – Check it out!
- Read more
Fishing Report for 2014! Coming with Gone Fishing you can expect to catch Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Bonito, Sailfish, Wahoos, Mahi Mahis, Barracudas, YellowFin Tunas…
We welcome all questions regarding our deep sea fishing trips. Call us or send us a message about your Fishing Tour.